Yale has been a leading provider of a full line of high-quality lift trucks, products, and services in North America since 1920. Serving manufacturing, distribution, and all types of industry, Yale manufactures a lift truck that is right for your application.
How can we help?
Visit us today
We're looking forward to assisting you.
Services & Offerings with YaleFull Line Manufacturer – Yale has it all
Our full line includes electric sit-down/standup, internal combustion engine (I.C.E.) powered lift trucks, narrow aisle/very narrow aisle electrics and motorized hand trucks and range in capacity from 1,500 to 36,000 pounds.. Yale offers comprehensive Fleet Management services, as well as Yale service, parts financing and training. Click here to see a short video on Yale trucks Yale Brand Essence.
Yale – American Built. American Owned
Yale trucks are designed and manufactured in an ISO 9001 and 1400 registered facilities in Greenville, NC and Berea, KY by over 2,000 plus American workers each and every day of the week. With over 90 years in the material handling industry and the support of our dealer network, Yale is dedicated to providing you with a custom solution for your material handling needs
We're proud of our heritage and excited about the future
Yale was founded in 1844 when Linus Yale Jr. of Connecticut, USA, invented the pin-tumbler cylinder lock and gave his name to a range of engineered products synonymous with quality and durability. Here are some highlights of a great story of innovation, growth and leadership in materials handling.
We're proud of our heritage and excited about the future
- 1868 – Linus Yale and Henry Towne formed the Yale Lock Manufacturing Company, later to become Yale and Towne Manufacturing Co.
- 1875 – Yale broadened its scope from locks to materials handling, over 137 years ago.
- 1920 – Yale and Towne launched a new battery-powered low-lift platform truck, quickly followed by a range of high-lift platform trucks, tow tractors and one of the first lifting trucks with tilting forks.
- 1930s – Yale grew internationally with manufacturing in England, the acquisition of BKS fork lift trucks in Germany and the sale of lift trucks in Japan. Yale also developed innovations such as power steering, center-control trucks, caster steering and the use of high heat-resistant Class-H silicon insulation in electric motors, still considered among the industry’s finest.
- 1950 – Yale added gas, LP gas and diesel-powered fork lift trucks to its range.
- 1963 – Yale merged with multinational Eaton Manufacturing as the Industrial Truck Division of Eaton, Yale & Towne, Inc. (later renamed Eaton Corp.)
- 1964 -Yale introduced the first Silicone Controlled Rectifier (SCR) – controlled electric fork lift truck.
- 1969 – Yale forged a partnership with Sumitomo Ltd to produce Yale® fork lift trucks under license and in 1971 emerged a joint venture manufacturing company named Sumitomo-Yale Co., Ltd. owned equally by the two companies.
- 1985 – Yale Materials Handling Corporation was formed following the acquisition of the company by North American Coal Corporation (NACCO Industries, Inc.)
- 1990 – Yale Materials Handling Ltd in the UK was recognized with the Queen’s Award for Export Achievement being presented to the company.
- 1992 – Yale Europe Materials Handling was formed to market Yale® fork lift trucks across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Today – Yale is a leading brand of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc., which was formed in 2012 following a spin-off from NACCO Industries, Inc.
Yale - A World-Leading Heavy Equipment Manufacturer
Over more than a century, Yale has become synonymous with the lift truck industry by pioneering durable, reliable, and innovative forklifts. Serving countless industries from food and beverage to logistics, warehouse distribution, and manufacturing, Yale offers industry-leading material handling equipment. Yale lift trucks, stackers, tractors, and walkies give your team the capability to increase the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of your operation. Explore the Yale equipment lineup at Wheeler Material Handling dealership in the Southeastern United States.
Yale Equipment Products for Sale at Headwater Equipment
As an authorized Yale equipment dealer, we offer a wide selection of electric, internal combustion, and pneumatic tire forklifts for a variety of applications across many industries. We carry high-capacity models that thrive in moving heavy loads in outdoor settings. We also stock many models ideal for warehouse, factory, and manufacturing settings, thanks to their agile maneuverability and efficiency in narrow aisle spaces. And for distribution operations, Yale pallet stackers and trucks will help keep your orders moving. Contact the Wheeler Material Handling sales team at 1-800-844-1454 to learn how Yale equipment can take your business to the next level!
Certified Yale Equipment Dealership Resources
As a certified dealer for Yale lift trucks, Wheeler Material Handling provides exceptional Yale service, parts, and financing solutions. When you work with us to maintain the safety and performance of your Yale forklift, you’ll benefit from our 24/7 emergency service support, our team of more than 100 Yale “Pro-Tech” certified mobile technicians, and a comprehensive inventory of Yale authorized parts. Our flexible, affordable, and convenient in-house financing options will make it easier for you to start or grow your business. And if you ever have short-term equipment needs, we maintain a fleet of over 1,000 equipment rentals, including Yale forklifts, that can be delivered on the same day in most cases. Call now to learn more about our Yale lift truck services, or visit one of our dealerships in Alabama (Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa), Georgia (Dalton), North Carolina (Charlotte, Concord, and Hickory), or Tennessee (Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Tri-Cities).